A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 01, 2024

damburst

Been saving it up 
so long 

for you 
 
Been fit to burst 
explode 
come due 

so overdue 

I kept
it calm, 
clean, deep,
serene, high 
building up to pure,
to pain

to wait  
so strong,  

so sure.
So, sure. 

so. ready. 
to.

give 
out give up ten
stories high, give
in so hard and bright
and beautiful 
sigh! So fly. So
full. So, fool. So

true.

So mean I mean it all.

Oh, you.

Sometimes 
to not 
is sin. 

Oh, 
you
been
saving it
up 

so
too

so long 

so breaking now,
burst out and
down, exploding free 

you win

3 comments:

dogimo said...

Among other potential interpretations, this one here's a sly confession that yes, I DID hold back considerably towards the ass-end of 2023, where that year's drive for 365 had already superabundantly multiply-redundantly been met and whelmed. Yup.

Pretty vain, but hey. I can dig it. I wanted to make sure this year sang in strong. Soon as the calendar flipped over?

No restraint. No filter, all as per usual!

TO BE CLEAR: that's not to say I had a ton of completed poems all ready and forward-scheduled. No, no that'd be beyond even my vanity. If I had a poem ready and done, I posted it THAT YEAR.

I just had a fuckton of pretty good drafts, is all. And today I decided to poke through 'em, take a look-see, redo and do-up binge. Towards the end of last year, I merely acquired a knack for delayed gratification, where a given poem (draft) didn't feel "quite done yet"

YET

dogimo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dogimo said...

Let's be honest, I've got so many "pretty good" uncompleted drafts in the kitty I'd never run out 'til JUNE, even if I adopted a twenty-per-day on average pace. I've always been a bit remiss about going back and seeing to my well-begun, half-done and so abandoned drafts. Mea coupla culpas, there! 'NUFF ON THAT

Transparency! Transparency of behind-the-scenes stuff! What a novel approach, in this place. For me. New for 2024