A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, January 03, 2023

wrong eulogy

Look I don't need to tell
you. She dazed, dazzled,
plummeted and uplifted
us all with just a look
or that touch
- do you know? That
touch? It was a human
unknowable, impossible
- unless you knew her,
and she touched you.

And I think as I look
'round - yes, I think
she touched us all.

Didn't she? Did she
miss anyone here? I doubt
she missed anyone, anywhere
she aimed, went, or went by.

She came in swinging
from the rafters! Pulling
all the stops out of left field
and rounding down the bases
to square roots for some
sum of all parties. They'll
be talking forever about
some of those, in
some parts.

She was like the mother
of celebration, like the aunt
of all hills and the bee of all
hives. To me,
she was like the sister
of incest - but only
in that sense.

Innocence, she was
yes and know. Her know
went cosmically beyond
encyclopedic, and she
gave it to you by the book
opened to page through
or slamming by the pound
through the air at you. In fact -

- oh wait. I'm sorry

this is about some one else,
isn't it? Not about my life

experience

even with someone who meant
more than worlds to this one
truly devastated man.

It
isn't about me. It can't
be about me now. It feels
like it is. I think all of us

took her so personally.
Because that's how she'd give.

This can't be about my relation
to her, or with her, or to be precise:

relations. Still, if any of you

have not been so touched

as I was, by her - too late.

Too late.

The whole world
from now on,
is too late.

If my slant or emphasis
seems wrong here, to any one
please

reflect: only lovers are mourned.

And we were all her lovers.

No comments: