A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, January 03, 2023

my ideal reader

my ideal reader is far 
from ideal. Some
Frankenstein 
assemblage
of parts
whole souls 
who once were real
- but they can't be like
this! Some jumbled 
up heads hearts panties
in butts 

- it's casual dress 
and address, I craft. 

What fits
an assortment
of mixed nuts,
fore and aft bolts
struck from heavens
to the platform held
elevated in the nethers
of a storm called patiently
down 'til it's done, just to
bring it to life. This thing 

that I think, pull, push
to write some. Write 

to only one? 

Or a mockery of life.
Just a mockup of sorts!
A mental target I emplace
to write at, to, for, or 
towards, at least. Or
around.

Within.

An abstraction
far more
than idealization.  

My abstract reader 
- quite distractable, spun 
in always one of all available 
directions, I find. So I fling 
from the cuff, whiz bam crack 
boom! Some sticks, some clicks 
some splats, gross, icks, some 

swoon. 

So I write
for the abstract one. 

If the ideal one is in there, 
too? sure! You're
the one, boo.

No comments: