A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, January 01, 2023

love the hook

I love the hook! It's a very good thing.
It’s a smack to the soul that makes whole body ring.
And all it’s about is this one very thing: another.
An other. This real human being.

It’s good that can still smack me upside the head.
It’s good that I’m not immune. I'd be dead.
I appreciate jolt, surge, thrill, wonderbolt.
If I didn't and I am not dead, I'm a dolt.

How can it be bad? Or arise in the wrong?
No matter what context, this is the heart's song!
But maybe it’s just I enjoy it so much.
If instead it were torture, I'd probably 

adjust. 

Imagine if my strong reaction were this:
an urgent and desperate need for one wish!
For this other person to feel some same way!
The whole thing might turn damn unpleasant,

I'd say.

Desperation is never pleasant.

I don’t find the hook that crashes through ribs
to lodge in one plunge and sharp tug where it is
in my heart goes away when I talk to someone.
That’s usually what brings it in and full-on.

I would not want it gone. It's natural response.
This person is wonder, and joy's all it wants.
It’s what they bring out in me. One thing, and true.
There isn't a downside to knowing this world 

holds such things to bask in 

as you. Specifically you.  

No comments: