A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

careful who you ask for dream advice

In dreams you come to me 

wearing that hat
and nothing
else,
and drift

right past! me
dreamily, and I'm
not sure you saw.

"Oh, I saw!" you 
call so breezily,
breezing on
and by, 
and I turn as if
caught by hook and line,
tugged spun round to watch
you look so fine as you go, now
going...going....I 

call "I'm not so sure 
you saw
who it was?" 

Oh, you saw
it was me, your
walk says back. 
With an extra swing 
in your hip or two - very
unlike you, that jazz sashay!
And you drop it like that 
as you walk away. 

Diminishing in distance,
growing in mind. Recurring
slight or flirtatious twist of
knife? What do you expect
me to do? Reach out and grab
you on the way through? So you
can wiggle and squeal and giggle
and throw your arms around my 
neck and coo? 

Well that's well and good, and fine
by me - if so. But how do I know 
for sure? Next time you come by
in this dream? 

I know. Next time I see you for 
real, I'll lay it out hypothetically. 
"Say, I need some advice."

"Shoot!" you'll say, all chirpy
and wise. "Some guy I know
says you keen walking right
by him, stark ass nude in
a dream he keeps having.
Same dream - oh! And
you're wearing that same

hat!" The one you have on. 
But...now you'd be dressed, 
I bet. 

You look nonplussed, but 
interested. Your eyebrows 
rise: "?"

"Well, what should I do?" 

You smile, arch and wry.
"You mean, what should he
do? You're 'friend'?"

"
Naw, what should I do?
How do I get a dream 
like that?"

Smooth response. Wish
I was so smooth in dreams
as I am in real life!

No comments: