A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 09, 2023

Up to lately?

Oh hell, nothing much. Keepin’
busy, workin’on the pond. I put
in some trees the other day. Sank.
Oh I was reading some sheet music!
Beethoven’s 7th. It’s freaking amazing
how much more you appreciate it from
the blots and staves and stuff. Curlicues.

Next I saw that movie in the theater, everyone’s
talking about? The one without superheroes?
Skip it, boring.
I should’ve waited for Netflix on that one, you
should of seen everyone file out so sheepish.

Nobody meeting each others’ eyes.

Every one of us waited to the end
of the credits, too! No bonus scene!
Now I don’t understand that. And

between that, I’ve been
driving around in the car.

I know it’s the environment
and all, but I make other
sacrifices. I need the road.
The road is my soul.

Yourself?

No comments: