A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 09, 2023

bad nap

I woke up wrecked
one arm
dead numb 
one leg on
fire
with nerves,
and some one jabbed
and pushed a twisted knot
of flesh into my back. 
My neck 

was drawn
and hot, pulled taut 
and hung at rakish angle, 
crazed and shot with funny
pains when last I tried 
not quite
to straighten and  

untie

I must have slept
on all
this wrong.    
 
This afternoon,
I thought I'd take 
a nice lie down. I'd
stretched luxuriously
within the stolen moment 
I had won, and laid me 
down flat out. Some fun.  

Ah, nah I lied. The nap 
went fine. It just

went way too long.

Four 
hours!
Whoops 

Felt guilty
when I woke,
so I
wrote a poem 

to give myself hell! A bit, 
then
my head got cut off and flew
into a cliff while my body
grew fire all over it, like thick
fur. And it burned to utter smoke,
and the stink of human flesh.
Burnt,
I mean. 

After that I was 
kind of tired

No comments: