A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

slow pour for sure

The Canadian Club I got's 
got a nozzle on the bottle 
that impedes the whisky flow 
very evenly. I think it's for bars, 
so they can cheap out on the pour.
Hold the bottle high, give it a long 
stream - customer thinks, "You do 
me proud!" The ol' flow-rate fakeout, 
where the long pour is confused for 
a goodly amount. 
The upshot is, for me
it sucks 'cause
I get so pissed off waiting
for endless trickle to add up
to two glugs, I poured

myself twice as much
as I wanted! This 
is not even good

whisky! 

Don't mistake me, it's upper middle 
okay. No swill or rotgut. It gets 
better as it goes. 

That Canadian nozzle, though. 
Crazy. They must have all day 
up there to pour whisky in 
those long winters 

No comments: