A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 01, 2021

Tribute to Webber's Evita commercial

I remember back in the day 
when they used to advertise crap
like Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals
on television - maybe they still do. Point
is it took balls, blithe-ass pure brass
intuition, and a set of assumptions
I'm disinclined to examine
to drop a spot of Evita on telly
in the middle of Kung Fu Theater.
I was captivated. 
I kept my promise! 
You keep your distance!
And to this day I have,  
but even as a kid I was like 
what is this they're pitching us?
Do they get any traction from this? 
It seemed impossible. Maybe as impossible 
as some of what Evita Peron herself 

actually did. 

Whatever that may be. I look at it 
as between her
and howevermany adoring fans, 
and Andrew Lloyd Webber. That man 
made history come alive in song. 
Don't believe me? 

See Evita. 

Let me know then
what you think. 
Any good?

1 comment:

dogimo said...

All this time back then I thought I
was the real target. Kids! Come
see the show! But now I think
maybe I was wrong. Maybe I

was the real target. Me-now.
The nostalgia draw. You

play a long game, Sir Andrew.

___________

(I couldn't fit that in anyplace)