A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 15, 2021

dance off

I assure you, you’re right,
and I don’t have to. If I had to,
I wouldn’t! I never much do 

with commands. I don’t do
compulsions, I don’t
even dance

on strings, or do
line dances - anything fixed
choreography-wise

- I move
how the music moves with.

As if for the first time
- this moment, alive -
As if conscious instinct
and conscience collide
and align into aim -

- I’m just not cut out
for the grid. When they broke
the mold, I just came
pouring out
and formless down,
kept streaming into it,
unhid.

Unprincipled, yes!
But I have overthought
each guess and every bid
that’s come through in values
by consequence bought, owned
and run. To gouge forthwith,
to refine in seeking next flaw

I have in, or put on. To give finding wrong
its every shot to find me better
each time. It does come true.

And so,
please take
the assurance. I do,
go and say all as sure as
I’ve wanted to. Not a thing
except where I’ve desired to be

the one who brings this bring
to any party's offering. A gift

that we all make and shape
and which you give the world
for free to take each day
you stake - for whomever
you show.

You’re a pearl, and I
am as one big grain of sand
in my own mind’s eye,
with room to grow.

Point is. The reason is. This stand
or this song or this walk, I want to be
this: just the one who does this stuff,
who’ll get this biz better and best enough.

(or at least do no worse)

If I'm good to you, or do good to you:
please be it known. This moment is bliss.
Could I do anything that I wish? Just to be
who I am doing this
is my bone.

It’s me. Pure rescue from helpless
and desperate plight.

No, not yours: mine! For every time
no maybe or might could thwart the grief
that I could not right. Someone who could never
deserve what I see, but what's coming to them
- I have no way on earth to spare
by decree, or deed, or care.

Chances come
either never or late,
far too many times while I stare.

I assure you I get more from this
than you do! Or at least, so I’d guess:
I get no less. Please believe me:

you’re right.

I don’t have to.

I love to, though. Got to be
some reason why
we’re all in this mess

No comments: