A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Leave Our Love (alone)

Leave! Our! Love alone 
Leave our love alone! 
You're trying to bust 
the foundational trust 
in the very best thing I have ever 
known 

You big bully quit lookin' at it
like that
Quit pickin' at it, all teasing spat  
and abrupt take-back 
Start knittin' at it! Why don't you 
just mend? We both see the means 
to meet these ends. 

There's a thing or two wrong 
with me or you!
But nothing at all with us, 
and that's true.
Just 

Leave! Our! Love alone 
Leave our love alone! 
You're trying to mess 
the essential and personal best 
I have ever even seen to try 
to achieve, let alone believe 
just leave 

our 

Love 

alone! 

Please 
please 

Go home. 
Yes I know:
we're home

come home
just leave our love 
alone 

And you and me 
can just in time 
leave selves in stitches 
you save mine, 
and I'll save yours 

and let us leave.
And let us run,
And let us grieve, 
While just we two
left here make do. You know?
Without us, you're
damn cute. And I'm
astute. Make love,
make up, make each 
believe. Leave us and ours
alone, and see:

What two believe
is anyway real 
as either and both 
can make, or steal 

so let's let our love 
run its race. Leave it 
alone. Just you and me 
have all our lives 
to find and find again 
this place. 

No comments: