A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

I too

I too am alone
in time. I shake
this blade of grass
from my body
of dew and for once
the morning light plays
all the way through. I fall

like a nail to the pavement
at the verge, and am a nail. Waiting 

for the thinnest of margins, a bicycle tire
or - no human foot. That would be cruel.
Plus I lie flat and unweaponized. I
too
am alone in this world. Waiting
for someone to pick me
up, angle me at,
and pound me 

flat. 

Then
only then: hold.
Hold in and altogether
to be of use 'til what binds us
burns down. Such purpose
and fit, but fantasy now. I too 

am alone. In time. Thin,
and pointed and dewy
and fine. 

No comments: