A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

darling

Forgive my seeming doubt. 
It's just
that if you really were, 

unfaithful, 
I don't really

care about shit
like that. Not any
more. Because within
some fit you find, it
cannot break.

I don't say put
me to the test, but
you and me, to me
define such fit. And it
is, was, will be for
the best.

For darling you
I see and know. I darl
you.

I'll be forever
darling after you,
for sure. I'm your
eternal darler, darling
true. And blasted wrath 
and stupid fool as it all seems, 
I care
quite much
that you don't. Or haven't. 
Or won't. 

But I know I would care
no less if you do. 

No comments: