A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, February 21, 2021

service interruption

I slipped today from dreams
without a break in thought, 
without a seam.

The images just went away. 
I marked the point in retrospect
where they'd all been switched out 
for mere imagining. From visuals 
to visualized - we're running daydream 
apps now, boys. Despite my eyes,
securely closed. Despite my body
had as yet no hold in gravity, on
sheets. I hadn't woken up yet - but
it's on the way.

Dreamsight's gone out. I realized
I'd have to eat, to piss, to defecate,
to rise - ideally, not in order named. 

I always feel in moments just 
like this, not yet awake, a strange 
presentiment in retrospect 

that you

were due just then, right soon 
to show. If I had stayed asleep,
that is. 

A daydream's not the same, you
know. 

No comments: