A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

soft heavy steps

Directly behind me in darkness 
- it's night. I don't have to look
It would just be more creepy
- soft, heavy steps. The snap 
of some twig or leaf, a body
(presumably alive) is moving.
Not as stealthy as one would
suppose, for anything evolution
and instinct-honed. And I 

am alone out here

with nothing but a porch screen 
with some bird-holes in it 
between me and my friend, 

who I don't mind much. It's 
a little weird though, friend 

not knowing who you are.  

One time, 
something quite large bounded out 
from the distance behind and ran
in a grey blur from the deck-light
along the side, out of range 
in a flash,

chased by nothing. 

See, I play it cool 

'Cause I don't want to end up like that

No comments: