A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, February 28, 2021

the thing about the gloves, is

The thing about the gloves is
you put the gloves on
your hands become indestructible
and you're out in the yardwork:
a vain symbol of human order
doing no real good for right
and wrong. Just tidy my own
patch of paradise. 

It's important because what if
dr. fucked-up caterpillar comes back
my old nemesis, bright green eye 
drawn in fuzz on his back? More 
tiny black bristles than you ever
felt sting, burn and swell! Well

at least that shit won't get on my
hands. I can gently lift up and pitch
him up, away and down to Statesville
prison, which - I forget which town,
but it doesn't matter. Most of these
clowns don't quite make the trip. There.
Done.
No trouble this time 
to speak of or curse, or carry on.
Time for a Coke, and get off my lawn. 

The gloves are off 

This day is going, but 
not gone. 

No comments: