A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, August 22, 2020

social engineer, coming thru, choo choo

All aboard, let's go. Tickets? Please.
Please yourselves, as you will. Oh,
begin
to conduct yourselves, well. 
I have got
quite a pill, here
to bitterly present! 
If you swallow, that's the plan.
If you don't well, enough 
bad money spent. Where's the good
money waiting 'round for? I've a plan, 
one you might not yet be interested
in, sure. But pretend! It 
could possibly just work.
Then you'll see!  See? I want,
what I want 
is 

to start

substituting "trend"
in every case of "norm."
See who gets indignant, maybe? Perhaps
I do. Perhaps if I do, if it catches on,
we'd finally find normal by
embracing trendy! And if so, I'd be 
fine with that. But then 
I'm pretty bendy 

Always was. Anyways! It's a start,
there's no rush, but no progress without
those. All those starts, with some fits
- and with possibly some throes. Plus direction!  
Better chosen than just windy-day blows 
raining down 'til the thunderbolt shows 
us something burnt. Who knows? This
could work! 

It's a start, what the hell. 

But. How
do we get this "all aboard"
to swell, to sell, to engineer
a certain critical faculty-lack
base? In the masses with the asses
in the seats we want to place,
for the chase? Who do we have
here to hurt, first and who 

is the last? You, my dear 

Are the last one in the world
I want to hurt, but 
don't worry 

we'll go fast.
Let us through, 
oh please do. 

No comments: