A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, August 14, 2020

Bond between us

You keep switching 
from Connery to Lazenby 
to Craig, whereas I have been 

Pierce, all through
all the way, and I can't help
finding your flighty escapes
are not quite redeemed 
by these horrible puns
you make. 

Meanwhile, in Bucharest  

You are not impressed 
by my cool and implacable 
charm, and keep calling me 
"Remington Steele"

It's clear that we have no 
Bond
between us at all 

to unite 
how we think and feel, 
and redeem us from harm,
or from disbelief. 

So it's just action scenes 
and explosions, I guess. Tawdry
and rote as if choreographed
seductions and yes, oh, "yes
James," yes - those quips, which
you drop like bombs.

Which never do quite go off, 
except, unless
in the sense
that your laugh 

turns them all to aplomb,

and I'm blown
through the glass, to land 

in a swoon, 
on a gigantic swan.

Q division 
has a strange sense of whimsy, 
in some of these trips 
we've been on.

No comments: