A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, August 24, 2020

An Almost Astonishing

You have an almost astonishing clarity 
of thought overwhelmed by fecundity 
of imagination, ideas in a sling 
which you bandy about crack shot 
and zing, as with overwrought style
you go wandering, brought down 
to basis: a hole in the ground. 
What baseless basis is that
to dig? Next you catapult up 
in a cloudhead bound passing 
shooting stars and woolgathering, 
knitting sweaters from such rough 
fibrous weave. Why I do believe 
these sweaters were wolves. Why 
on Earth do you make such a spectacle? 
Such epiphanies fit only fancy fools. 

I do not mean this to be mean.
I mean, I don't mean it that way
at all! Untrue. I just see
something in you
quite admirable, and I wish
it were in someone less
like you. 

No comments: