A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, August 21, 2020

hard, but soft

I have a big voice, 
and I dress to the left 
in case no one can tell 
I guess, amazed. 
Quit looking at me,
I've said nothing for days! 
Oh, it's public we're in. 
Fine, then. I accept 
your gaze. Oh, it's only
yourself you regard?
So askance, I see?
I'm a mirror, then. 
A good looking glass!
At a glance, I reflect
what I see, you project 
yourself right off me 
and the question's intent 
in such circumstance. You ask

Who's the prettiest one 
in my pants? Is it fairest 
as well, or shall we whistle off?
While we work our interpretations 
so hard, but soft.  

No comments: