A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, November 18, 2023

the caution

Just in case I fall 
before I had the chance 
to tell you go: go on,
now. You'll never
have to stoop your head,
or strap yourself in bed
bound tight by head
and heart, and wreathed in light
to follow slow. Forsake this night.
Just seek relief, and find release, 
and I will come along to see.   

Just in case I fell before 
you ever had the chance to know: 
go on, now. No, we never had 
to stop ourselves, to prove,
to show. Or if you never
had the chance, if trauma
was too hard, too bad,
if karma was too rich,
too strong, if trial was too
wretched wrong, if universes
stretched too long, if dogma
was too pokey slow, too weak
to walk down every road, then just
partake this once, and go.

You never have to lose yourself.
I'll stand beside you twice as well,
and faster than the stories tell. So
come what may, please bring yourself 
where you most wish to give: and I 
will wait beside the road to hell,
and point the way you want: to live.

Yes, just in case I fall too soon,
don't throw yourself in after, dead.
I want your arms, your mouth, your
charms, your legs and tongue
and breath, instead. 

No comments: