A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Best luck always

You cannot torture me, any more
than you can do a thing for me
which is not for you. It is

against my will, therefore 
quite impossible that it be "for"
me. 

And only I
can torture me.
This is no brag,
but simple faith
in reality, and that
experience is real,
and consequence
has definite lessons
applicable going forward, which

we could learn, if we aim to. No one
in my life could ever torture me, so it’d
be a rum (or gin) deal indeed if someone
could do it now! Especially from
or at some distance. I’d need
to upgrade something then, or

upbraid myself

No comments: