A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, September 15, 2022

the long five minutes

I just need five minutes of your time, 
please. But I've got to warn you. It's 
going to be the long five minutes. 

Because it's going to take you eternity 
to start the clock. I'll give you my 30 
second opening shot and you'll say 

"Go on. Go on." "That's it," I'll reply. 
You'll be like "You said five minutes!
That was only 45 seconds!" Yes. I 

was counting on your response, 
to cue my further response and 
so on. So,

You angle in to what 
I said, and I give thought
and reply as I do, and next thing 

you know, five minutes was well
since through. What do you do, hotshot? 

What do you do? 

No comments: