A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, September 08, 2022

guilt privilege

I need a slap
in the face
from a strong black woman
willing to accommodate me
as a kind of sacrificial villain
on behalf of my fucked
up race, so I can
hold my head up high
and display my face
like the man 
taking ownership 
of everyone's wrongs.

I would run out the door
straight into the street so fast
before the big red hand print
could fade

and I'd say
LOOK LOOK
I GOT WHAT
I DESERVED
SO SHOULD
YOU MOTHER

FUCKER

and uh oh.
probably some cops
come questioning 
everybody, and book
her for doing it

I don't wanna say
she gets shot

this is already too grisly
a turn. I will fight 
fight 
fight 
to free her though, 
after what she did to 
or for me.

Maybe then
we could call it even

No comments: