A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, September 18, 2022

the ideal real

You know, when I talk
about, think about stuff
like this
that means so much,
and is so real in a person,
in people, in me, sometimes
I lose myself in it. I lose
the reality of specific instances.
It loosens and fades. That's

the only time I really
understand idealists.

For me that feeling is
wonderful as it happens,
then uneasy and unpleasant
as I become aware that's what's
happening. First

I'm being borne up
and afar by the interconnected
web of meaning from all real things
and beings, and then

I'm like wait, wait! Where you all goin'?
COME BACK and I crash back into
the rooted and real of instance
and individual. And I'm like

"ah oh yes that's better"

No comments: