A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, July 29, 2022

The problem is (with monsters)

a monster doesn’t know they are. Which is stupid
given the hooked claws, protruding fang, horny
projections from the head, atypical number of eyes
and hard, flexible scaly hide - like a rubber suit.

Fake as hell on the outside, that’s what people
think. Who the what-?

Yet the monster thinks it can fit in.
Wants to.

The monster knows hey I'm just this way.
I know I am.
I give me true just how I do, and I look
completely normal, trust me. If you knew
me you'd know.

I can't help what other people think looks

fake. These claws, these horns are true.
Whatever.

The monster doesn't know
it’s one. "This is how some people
are. Grow up, bud."

Other people
think the monster is
that weird person

who goes around like that.

They all think the other's wrong
and in this case, are all

right. 

No comments: