A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, July 31, 2022

My next car

I want a car 
that does it all.

I want a car that keeps 
announcing at random times
in a hostile, female robotic voice
"The computer has taken over.
The computer is doing it!
Fuck you!"
but it's totally
a fakeout!

If I take
my hands off
the wheel, my feet
from the pedals,

nobody's driving! 

Whereas, if I keep myself
physically engaged with the
control interface, though, I might 

be like "Wow. I am totally in sync 
with what the computer is doing.
Let me try to anticipate
what the computer
would do next,

given this situation." 

It would be so nice 
to have the backup, or 
I guess 
when the computer announces 
it's taking over, to be the backup. 
Ready, alert for anything, doing it 
but not really doing it. 

This is a dream car I know 
but I'm willing to wait. 

To be honest, 
I kind of drive
like that anyway

No comments: