A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, July 14, 2022

sense memory

The pleasure of constricting throat, 
as stuff pours down in beverage time.
In pulsing cadence, gulp and gulp - 
I am what I put in me. Mine.

It's some sublime accomplishment
most barely give a passing thought.
But I am in most moments now.

I notice subtle things I've wrought. 

I take in full, responding fair - 
attentively to all at stake, 
and all in store. I welcome it 
receptively, this me I make. 

But sometimes I distract myself. 
For instance, what was this I drank?
The glass is empty; taste is gone. 

I take step back, detach and thank. 

No comments: