A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

rap caution

Don't waste your time 
tryna draw the line 
when a man like me 
is always on time 
(metaphorically) 
you don't want to have tried  
wasting time when I'm on it.

Just seems like
a conflict of some 
kind.

Avoidable and regrettable. 
So I'm telling you don't, 
please. Bad news move. 

If I'm always on time -
and you're wasting it? 

That's like playing strip 
poker with Doctor Who 
while betting time chips, 
'cause it's money, yo. 

Time is.

So they say. 
Hence I'm on it,
and down to my underwear
but baby? I just don't play 

So you know, what I've got 
in my hand is a royal bluff 
of some such. I don't know 
how these particular cards 
add up, but I trust you each  
hand to tell me, "Oh hey!
That wins!" and I feel 

my luck is about to spin,
dip, land - though
it's anyone's guess
how that winds up. 

I'm about to luck! One 
way or the next. Anyway, 
this has been a worthwhile 
bet. Just - next time, please?
Do not 
waste
time. 

It could be important 
or just damn fine
to test.

No comments: