A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, August 07, 2018

visionry

There's this weird,
almost mystical sense I have,
in a slowly-completing picture of you
- it feels like you are
ineradicable, before
my eyes always. You: just you.
Not burned, not
carved, nor etched,
but never the less
present - as if my eyes
were remade,
with you in them. Behind

every blink, or if
I just shut my eyes
and relax my breath, you swim

in view,
before me

in waves
like an ocean of one
overwhelming thought

in living color, like new - and I
am wonderful, blessed, and impossible
to deceive. Such a sense

as cannot be bought, only taught
in the ways you have given me.

It does make it hard
to fall asleep,
sometimes.

But for me, how much better it is
to see, and believe

what could not be believed,
but cannot be denied -

every part of this. And I

have only begun
to open my eyes