A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, August 17, 2018

Insufficiently Narcissist

The seven easy tricks you've learned
online to spot a Narcissist
won't work on me. I'm not

a narcissist, you see. Admittedly,

I've read the list of tips and tricks
and warning signs myself, in fact.

I just don't get how all those guys
(or girls,
but mostly
guys I think)

can live their lives like that.

Superiority? Ok. Entitlement,
though? Who needs that shit?
Need of attention to validate?
Perfectionism and control?

And then,

You get the worst of it.
You have the lacks: of empathy,
responsibility,
and boundaries.

Those are easily three
of my favorite things!

I would not give them up
for any amount of regard
of me.

No comments: