A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, August 20, 2018

"We'll See"

I want what's best for you
You want what's best for me
So we will never agree
'Cause we cannot see
eye to eye on whose needs
must come first - for the sake of you,
you're gonna come off worst

For my own damn sake,
you defy my will
- well who asked you to?
You obstinate lil' twist
of presumptuousness
and gall - why can't you let

your happiness be all?

Beause I love you more than you know
More than you love me, unless you love me
More than I know, more than I love you

I guess we'll see

I keep an open mind -
maybe you know best?
Except you've already proved
your priorities are messed
by the way you put me first
- when the view from behind
is the one I prefer

I will lead the way,
I will sacrifice
- except you never let me,
no matter how I try
You put your self out,
giving me my way -

But all I want is yours, baybay

Beause I love you more than you know
More than you love me, unless you love me
More than I know, more than I love you

I guess we'll see that it's more than we know
More than we can guess, but let's agree that if
You love me more, I'm going to love you best

I guess we'll see

No comments: