A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

the big reveal

Some things it's best to just let lie.
Some people, it's best
to just let lie.
Some loves, it's best to just let die.
To just let go, and say:
There is no why.
Some lies, it's best to leave
unsaid, some questions unasked,
some thoughts
unread.

But sometimes I wish
you could read my mind,
lay every little bit of it bare,
every corner exposed to light and air,
and tell me just what you think
of what you find.

What do you think you would find?

I want to explain
all the things we don't know
could be in there
that could be upsetting
to you. And maybe there's nothing

- but maybe there's
something, as well. I wish
I could open myself, to let you inspect
everything that's there

before we're through.

No comments: