A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, April 06, 2018

seer and advisor

I grew up in a great big house
in a tiny little room
on a small island
in a dream I had once,
where the pizza was topped
with playing cards, and I
was expected to read my future
from them.
I drew:
the two of jacks
the heart of spades
the queen of ones
the ace of fives, and
when I woke up, I still

had one left to turn over, and
I hadn't had a bite. I was starved,
yet relieved.

I didn't want to see

that last card's face. If I ever do,
I would have

a lot to explain.

With not a lot of time,
or very much space.

No comments: