A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, April 08, 2018

Apathy & Ignorance

A lot of the people who believe in me don't know me

Not like they think they do.
The me they know

is the me I actually show them,
unintentionally, without knowing
or even trying to, not

the me who represents
my best intention, and true
capacity, which

I ought to mention,
in fairness to us both,

I haven't given a moment's serious thought to,
either,
yet. Still, that me is out there,

in me, somewhere,
I bet.
Probably.
And these people who believe in me

don't care.

Well, we shall see,
my friends. Yes we shall

see

No comments: