A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, April 04, 2018

inhabit

The cold in my bones may never leave.
The sun had the sense
to stay down for this,
but I'm up
like a drift of snow,
like an icicle ready to fall.
I'm ready to fall,
but I won't
while you're looking.
As if you would care.
Running past and around
and across the ice,
As if no one's there, I've gone out again -
I'm out running races against my breath
and against my heart, and in time with
my bones, and I'm feeling them.
My blood's pumping numb, my ears
are exposed to the aching air -

I do this for me.
I do this for me.
I wish I'd appreciate
the sacrifice that I make!
to show that I care.

No comments: