A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, May 13, 2010

struggle and clash

I love you today
like I loved you all week
like I'll love you tomorrow
I don't have to peek.

I've got it tattoo'd
it's engraved, it's in stone
don't know how I got here,
but you are my home.

You're my heart, in my throat
as I'm holding on tight
you're the strength in my arms
and I will hang on,
for dear life,
because life is a fight!

but I love it no less
for the struggle and clash
are the proof and the test

Dear, I hate fighting you.
but you're worth any stress

any anguish or strain
you are worth any pain

But - I hate hurting you -
and that's what gives me pause
makes me doubt that I'm good

makes me feel we are lost

you deserve a man who
understands what you need,
and who never hurts you
and who isn't like me.

And who isn't like me:
when I won't let it lie
when I press every point
and I can't see your side

I won't lie to you, dear -

I don't understand you

but nobody could try
half as hard as I will
I will never stop trying
I won't change my mind
as long as we're ours
as long as you're mine

I will not change my heart
I could not, if I tried
you're with me in my heart
and the world
is outside.

1 comment:

Jen said...

My, that took a grim turn right around the middle!