A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

the fatal clue

I see her. From across the room. She
doesn't exist, but there she is
It's just as if
a dream came true
it's just as if
it's just
as if

I see her turn, slow-motion caught
my throat tastes heart, I swallow down
it hurts a bit, it's fear's dull cut
her two eyes touch my two eyes
frown
I'm sure there must be some mistake
but sure too late - my heart got out!
my throat stretched raw, to throb and ache

a smile grows across my face
oh, my heart
has never been quite at home
in its proper place
it's lost again
off

on a wild chase

a mad detective
on another tough case

I'm just the plodding assistant,
with the wide-eyed wondering dumb look
on his face

No comments: