A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, May 02, 2010

in Octoberland

I want to live in octoberland
where it's always fall,
and the fields are full
with a harvest-song
as the day grows tall
with shadows of trees
in their rusting coats
they will rustle them off
in the evenings, though
as we all head to hall
for a sort of fest
with our foaming steins
and our steaming brats
we'll sing bawdy songs
and be very much blest

but until that day,
when I find that land
I will do my best to be blest
as I am

to appreciate spring
where I live today
finding beauty in such
little things, as
may

1 comment:

Tess Kincaid said...

Me, too. It's my favorite month.