A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, November 28, 2022

us over we

If I were the man you thought I was, 
and you were the girl I think you are, 
we wouldn't be giving each other this look. 
Awry, askew, a doubt too far. 
But then again maybe we would, at that. 

We've always been one to get us right,
while getting each other quite blessedly wrong!
So we fight, 'til we win - 'til it seems too pat. 

Just a little suspicious. "I can't be that wrong."
"It can't be that plain. Could it be? Oh my!" 

It's hard to adjust to reality 
when it's always the same, 
and never as hard
as we try.   


No comments: