A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, November 07, 2022

the worth signal

I want you to know when 
I signal you, it means 
I know your worth. 
So 
     we have to arrange 
a preunderstood signal. Some 
gesture, cryptic to the world 
but crystal to you from me. 
Then 
         when you see it, 
you'd be like "Aha! 
Hehehehe he knows 
my worth." 

I'm thinking chef's-kiss,
shrug-wink, 
the bird, 
victory-V (or flip it:
the Brit double barrel
bird equivalent), 
these 
could be ambiguous 
to onlookers drawing 
the wrong idea. We 
need 
to agree 
on our own sign. 

I recommend 
I place both index fingers 
in one horizontal line 
fingertip-to-tip 
at eye level, and 
you 

bite your lip 
and 
give a curt "back nod" 
or grin and shake your head 
slow no, 

depending whether 
I do or not know 
your worth 

in 
that
moment

No comments: