A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, November 14, 2022

About Me

Conceived by coincidence
Born at speed
Rapidly developing
into a learning being
with a taste for cognition
to outpace recognition
in a bold foray of discovery
Into The Known...I AM ME!
I am not about me, I am me.
I have never been about me,
particularly but ha, ha, yes.
It is I. Me! "That Guy!" 

The one with the thumbs.
The wonderstuck! Fancy
champion of truth's caboose,
pushing the whole thought train
uphill towards the tunnel
from the rear and not
skimping on tangents!
My courtesy is...well, "innate"
is as good a way to put it! Those
who know me find it "familiar." 

And I bring me here
to confide to you each (and so all)
in a booming whisper audible to
the point of embarrassment...

"I have never had the slightest
idea how to write one of these." 

Well. Do one's best then. Do
one's best. Then. Now,
arguably 

might have been better.  

No comments: