A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, January 10, 2013

harmless, I swear! Pt.2

In general,
I find

I am forced to disagree
on principle
anytime anyone ever says to me
that the right way to proceed,
the right way to be
is to shy away

from doing with an open heart, and good will
any well-meant thing
based purely on a worry as to how it could be
taken.
As to how, I mean, that it could be perceived.

But

that's just me!

I will disagree
every time on such principle. Probably
vocally, with something unprintable. All
those who

- without cause
(and oh, they are all
without cause),
put insult in
so as to read insult out of any thing

good

that I may kick about,
that I mean to do - will find
their tender tootsies crushed
or, at the very least,
mussed under
the loving tread of my unstoppable,
fun
-sized
miniature
juggernaut.

It beeps as it backs up! Look, cute!

Real juggernauts


never back up.

No comments: