A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, April 14, 2012

"nice"

I don't really like what you've
done. Normally, you set no foot
wrong

that I've seen; your judgment
- impeccable, in my opinion.
And of course, my opinion
doesn't govern in matters
of yours. But I really don't
like

what you've done. You see,

I see (or I think I see)
what you were trying to do,
and it looks good on you - or maybe,
you make it look good. But it doesn't say "you"

to me. And maybe,
that's part

of what you were trying to say?
to me, or
to the world in general, "Hey,
this is me:
you had me wrong."

Well, we'll see.

If so, I have certainly loved having you
wrong. And I look forward to getting you
right. And what you've done
could grow on me, or on you,
or both of us
simultaneously, but

for now, for tonight,
in this moment of first glance, leaving open
the possibility of all second chance and third time
charm, or a further acquisition of taste
on my part,

I don't really like what you've done.

No comments: