A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, April 16, 2012

"The Day They Took The Network Down"

I was kicking such ass
this morning, today,
and into the afternoon, it
was looking like inevitable,

The network is down. And now I've run out
of (meaningful) conference calls, except
for the ones that need data in front
of me to be confident, competent
even. To be done, there is nothing.
To be done, there remains everything.

It is as if
some bastard named IT
planned my Monday to fail, to derail,

The day they took the network
down, an announcement went out
- so that's suspicious. It was planned,
clearly! - So was I! - I had things
all wrapped up by five! I had things
planned. When I wanted to leave today,
on time for once - but if this cunt
computer wants to come up at four,
by four-thirty, I'll be stuck here
for approximately ever, tonight.
Until I can make up, for all that could
have been right. Until I make up, for all
that was

lost. The day they took the network down, and
what it cost. But fuck it. But Fuck It. BUT
FUCK IT.

BUTT FUCK IT.

butt fuck IT!

If only I didn't give a toss.

No comments: