A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, April 13, 2012

extreme danger

Fair warning to you, in case
you care: I am
in extreme danger, here
of falling forever, thrown in
with this other
bitch

who unless you can do
what you need to do, what we both
once (I swore!) knew - you need
to pull this switch, and
- she won't care! she doesn't
really love me anyway,


you
and I
must both be sure.

She's
settling. Because I'm better
than the best thing
she could ever get, and she
ain't so bad herself, you know. And better yet
- better than her, I could not get
on my own, without
your help - but

without your help

I would rather have the woman
of my dreams
from back when I had dreams,

than the woman of my daydreams
in every day since.

Don't wince. There is
no real decision
to be made here.

You can't convince yourself
into being convinced.

No comments: