A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, April 22, 2012

"Joe, who the fuck?"

Who am I
is a far more complex
question. I am

the sweet singer of silken dreams
that pass through the minds of monolithic machines, I am

the kind caretaker of forbidden forms, who snuggle up against me
but can never get warm, I am

the hard-bitten wish-list enthusiast of dismissed views
that were once unquestionably true, but that now are only kept
and understood by few
to none,
including me. I leave

them presents every year beneath my Christmas tree. I am

the morning dew, in a valley undersea. I am

the question in you

that says: "huh?"

No comments: