A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, August 19, 2022

The spanless inquisition

Why do you keep drinking 
so much water while we're 
hanging out? It's like nonstop 
thirsty man. And you never say
"Cut!" to go peeps! I'm getting
pissed just looking at you keep
going. 

Let's run this clear: this
is not a movie, you are not
some poor man's Brad Pitt
with an oral input tic in every
damn shot of each scene, trying
hold something consumable 
(in this case potable) in one 
hand
to stand out all subtle
while you work your  mouth, but 

can't afford anything more
substantial than plain water!
Man, I would smack that cup,
glass, bottle you keep switching
up on tap refill runs right out
of your hand! 

If it was hot dogs, tacos 
pizza slice, nachos or 
cheeze whiz on jerky 
sticks, because at that 
point bring to share, 
you pee oh ess! 

You bring the damn 
free water 'til the well,
tap and stores run dry, 
I guess. Is it - 

omg I'm so sorry 
Is it diabetes? I heard
that diabetes sometimes
makes one thirsty as a
bag of pretzels. No? 

Cool. 
It's none of my business, then 
but, if your object was anything 
other than just thirst, my guess
runneth dry. You pull it off well,
I must say. Do tell, 

me what's your secret?
And 
why so dry, man! Can I
offer you a bag of pretzels? Something 
to wash down by that? You'd clue me 

if I was missing a hint, right? 
OH. 

That's not water, is it? You
went and got the vodka tank
system installed, that's why
your bank's so tapped you
can't spring for snacks! You
were talking about that before.

Why, sure, I'll have one, don't
mind if I do! Proust! 

You bastard. It's just water! 

Isn't it? 

No comments: