A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

My convenience commands.

I have so much convenience 
just now, anytime, and so 
little time for that drama of 
yours that wants not for me 

to leap up so soon. Right now!
To the task once requested for
sure, and supposed to be done 
at some point.

I refuse. For it shall be done
before this moment's 
out! 

What you asked is convenient
the moment you asked. It is not
convenient to memorize. Don't 
pout, and please
shut up your
future traps
of what's better
for me, if you know

what
is better for me,
just ask. 

Surprise! 

It's gone! Done ricochet 
style right quick! Three walls
and a rung like a wind chime 
strung bell, on a ladder scaled
sure up and down like hell!
Whiz-bang, ding-dang done!
And so always sure: this moment:
just now. 

Thing finished galore!
So,

Next?

Any thing?  

OK-A. Now's
a fine time again:
the best. To come
roosting and rest
and sing. 

I can stall
if you must, but
it shall not serve
well

for me
to rely on how
memory notes won't
cling, get lost, fall off,
recur too late and swerve,
leaving me 

feeling like some idiot 
bird! Who sang "I'll do it!" 

And then flew off. All because 
I was trying to humor who 

would much rather I wait,
for convenience sake. You'd
rather I not hop  to it, launch
down
from
my
airy high, shrieking eagle's
eye-piercing paralyzing
love-war cry, storming
down on feather soft,
in a hard death-dive,

swooping up, dove caught!
Fell beak, first try! 

I hope that's a fair
enough ask. In fact,
I don't think I shall
ever or ought
ask that,
at all.

That's
your job,
just any ol' time
you call! Tell, ask
wish, or whim!

Wham! There's
the ball. I will always
fall in, fall to. Fall full
upon it, begun and seen
done all through.

And so ended in one's
most convenient
time: the best moment
ever comes running in
through mine.

This one.

I shall take as-given 
and do daily done, 
any time you could ask 
someone. Ask me! Ooo. 
Me. I am pleased to please, 
and so served to serve, for
I help myself to such helpings,
first second, and done
by your word.  

At ease.

Your suggestion
I wait is not well, 
or deserved. If you 
mind, let me take 
this time, and keep 

my word
thoughtlessly, 
and so fine. 

No comments: