A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, August 19, 2022

Patter and the lion

I always remember my idea
about sticks 

when I think of you. Well, 
now and then, sometimes!

I described it once perfectly
years ago, and have thought
of your reaction fondly, couple
few glows since.

It was worth it.

Just so you know.

But
Now. 
Caught your eyes lit up
at me across the room, you 
come dragging a cross in the form 
of two friends by both inside-arms 
in a beeline to plant yourself in 
bloom,
in my sudden loss: you stand. 
Like a beacon between, and

you beam: the death sentence! 

"Say that again!" 

Remake?
Or...Reboot...?
Prequel seek? Or up
sequel creek without
a producer's note
or a writers' moot? 

Total Impossible Recall,
or Feeling/Moment Recreation
Trick?

Or Mission: Impossible
Not To Botch?

Or give totally new idea 
as-if? 

Or: try it fresh
again right now? 

What sticks 

No comments: